POSITION: MAINTENANCE/MODERNIZATION MANAGER
SALARY RANGE $46,537 – $72,194
DATE POSTED: September 10, 2020
DATE CLOSED: Open until Filled
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance/Modernization Manager will be responsible for monitoring and
ensuring maintenance program F with the federal regulations for Indian Housing
Programs 24 CFR.1000 and NCIHA Policies and Procedures.
Maintenance/Modernization Manager will be responsible to meet the goals and
objectives of Northern Circle related to performed maintenance and special
projects. Supervises and monitors maintenance department staff.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Design and implement Maintenance Work Control System including
preventative and planned maintenance.
2. Coordinate and schedule maintenance. Prioritize and schedule work
orders according to urgency of work.
3. Inspect NCIHA property and determine maintenance requirements
including dwellings, common areas and equipment.
4. Develop overall plan for modernization program on an annual basis.
Monitor all progress for modernization projects in accordance with the
implementation schedule for all physical improvements to NCIHA
5. Responsible to administer construction/renovation contract process for the
Maintenance/Modernization Department. This includes environmental
compliance preparation and issuance of the subject documents such as
construction and bid documents, contract award, change orders and
contract close out and settlement documents; resolve disputes and claims;
and ensure target dates are met.
6. Act as inspector for all modernization projects, contract maintenance
projects and extraordinary maintenance projects.
7. Develop/implement and maintain inventory control system of tools,
equipment, bench stock and materials.
8. Provide Department Summary Report for monthly Board of
9. Monitor budgets and complete financial reports as required.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; AA Degree in business
management is preferred.
2. Four years experience in general management, housing management,
maintenance management or a combination thereof.
3. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
NCIHA staff and project participants.
4. General knowledge of construction techniques and maintenance
5. Experience with computer software; Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
6. Ability to schedule and perform work in an efficient manner.
7. Ability to develop and maintain reports as required and inventory control
8. Willingness to attend training seminars/workshops to expand knowledge
of position duties.
9. Ability to meet NCIHA vehicle insurance requirements – including valid
California drivers license.
10. Must be willing to travel.
11. Ability to achieve success as a team member by adhering to certain core
values and principles such as honesty, integrity, competence and
WORKSITE: NORTHERN CIRCLE INDIAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
UKIAH, CA – RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITIES
SALARY RANGE: $46,537.00 – $72,194.00 annually
CLASSIFICATION: Department Manager
WAIVER OF EDUCATIONAL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The Board of Commissioners may waive the education and/or experience requirement based on an evaluation of the experience or demonstrated competence of the job applicant.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.